- 1 package basil leaves
- ½ cup walnuts or pine nuts (I combine both)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 big garlic clove
- Salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor
- Blend until all ingredients are combined and smooth. If using food processor, add the basil, garlic, and nuts first, pulse few times, and slowly add the oil while food processor is still running.
- Store in a sterile jar, and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Use on pasta, salads, on top of roasted veggies, or on crackers or piece of bread.