Mushroom and Meatless Burek
1 puff pastry package (the one I use has two ready-to-bake sheets)
300g whole button mushrooms
1 package meatless ground meat (340g)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp. oil of your choice
Salt and pepper
1.Preheat the oven to 355F / 180C
2. Chop ¾ of the mushrooms. Thinly slice the other ¼ of mushrooms.
3. In a large skillet, stir fry the onion with the oil for 4-5 minutes, add the chopped mushrooms and continue to stir constantly for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the meatless ground meat, salt and pepper, and the sliced mushrooms. Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes. Turn of the heat.
5. Spread the first puff pastry sheet on a clean surface and fill it with half the mushroom and meatless mixture. Fill the middle part only and leave enough space on the puff pastry sheet to be able to cover the filling.
6. Repeat the last step with the second pastry sheet.
7. Place in a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
Optional: brush the burek with some olive oil and spread sesame seeds before baking.
3 jalapeno peppers (clean from seeds)
3 serrano peppers (clean from seeds)
1 big bunch cilantro
2 big garlic cloves
1 tsp. cumin powder
½ tsp. cardamom powder
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Mix all ingredients in a strong blender or food processor.
2. Store in a sterilized jar and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.