Artichoke and Mushroom
Artichoke is a fiber rich vegetable, which makes it beneficial for those who are interested in lowering their blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and protect their heart health.
In addition to its high fiber content, artichoke is a good source of copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and potassium, folate, and B vitamins.
This artichoke heart and mushroom salad can be served as a side or a main dish, and even as part of Mediterranean meze style.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 package frozen artichoke heart quarters (12 oz./ 340 g.)
- 4-5 garlic cloves, halves
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 big white mushrooms, sliced
- 6-7 Kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp. maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon zests from ½ lemon
- Garnish: ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- In a wok, heat olive oil and garlic over high heat. Add artichoke hearts. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and olives and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar, maple syrup, lemon zests, salt and pepper. Lower to medium heat and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place in a serving bowl. Stir in the parsley and serve.